Ford Motor Company’s Research and Innovation Center in Palo Alto, CA
Friday, March 30, 2018
1PM – 5PM
Seating is limited! Only 40 spots available! Register now.
- Members: Free
- Non-Members: $99 until March 28; $125 after March 28 and at the door (if space available)
- Joy Mountford, Global Lead Interaction Design – Ford Motor Company
- John Sumser, Principal Analyst, HRExaminer
- Kevin Wheeler, Co-Founder/President, The Future of Talent Institute
- Eileen Clegg, Co-Founder, The Future of Talent Institute
Join us for a truly unique, small group, in-person event opportunity for HR leaders. Spend an afternoon experiencing new approaches to design, artificial intelligence and augmented reality at the Ford Motor Company’s Research and Innovation Center.
With HR visionaries, we will discuss how these emerging technology trends are being applied to human resources and recruiting.
Our event will include a tour of the Research and Innovation Center and how they ideate, how they develop and a discussion with Joy Mountford, Global Lead Interaction Design – Ford Motor Company. You’ll also learn how to cut through all the hype and complexity around artificial intelligence with insights from HR analyst John Sumser, who has created a report (available to participants) comparing and contrasting AI applications for HR.
As always, Future of Talent’s Kevin Wheeler and Eileen Clegg will lead us in a highly interactive experience with live visual capture providing participants with an immediate takeaway of the day’s learnings.
About Our Speakers:
Joy is an internationally recognized leader in the field of computer-human interactions and design thinking. She is an internationally recognized leader who has built and led world-class design and innovation teams at Apple, Interval Research, Yahoo and Akamai. Joy received the SIGCHI Lifetime Practice Award, elected to CHI Academy in 2012, and was an Osher Fellow at the SF Exploratorium. She has a 20+ year legacy of supporting the international Design Expo, with sponsors ranging from Apple, Yahoo, Intel, Microsoft and Mattel, which has now reached over 4000 students, many holding highly influential positions both in education and industry.
John tracks the evolution of Recruiting and HR Technology. As the Principal Analyst at HRExaminer, he has the pulse of the very edge of technology. He is at his best when he is a little past the edge. That’s where the future materializes. Today, John is the leading analyst n the topics of Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Technology in Recruiting and HR. His landmark study, The Emergence of Intelligent Software in HR and Recruiting Technology continues to make lightbulbs go off over the heads of its readers. Sumser is in the process of researching the second edition of the report. John works with both vendors and corporate leadership to help imagine the next steps in technology driven Recruiting and HR. He believes that the function is in the process of being disrupted. He publishes the HRExaminer, a weekly slate of articles by industry veterans and hosts two weekly radio shows: HRTech Weekly (news), HRexaminer Executive Conversations (interviews).
- 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm: Kick off and framing our discussion by Kevin, Eileen Introduces Joy
- 1:30 pm – 2:45 pm: Tour of Ford Research and Innovation Center, discussion of Design Doing with Joy Mountford.
- 2:45 pm – 3:00 pm: break
- 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm: Discussion with John Sumser
- 3:45 pm – 4:00 pm: Eileen Clegg – Debrief presentations by Joy, John, and Kevin
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Small Group Discussion with Report-Outs: How could the ideas and concepts from Joy and John be applied to HR and recruiting?
3201 Hillview Ave., Palo Alto, CA